RETAIL SHOWROOM ASSISTANT MANAGER
We are a fast growing interior design firm looking to hire a highly motivated, self-starter to help manage our retail showroom and offices in Irvine, CA. This is not a design position, your main requirements will be working on the showroom floor and administrative duties.
What we’re looking for:
- Must have excellent people skills- communication is a key component of your job
- A background in visual merchandising or styling is highly preferred
- Retail know-how with hands on experience in a leadership position
- A passion for design and style- must be up to date with what’s happening in the industry. You should be aware of current home décor trends and stay up to date on design blogs and magazines
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Experience in design, home merchandising or apparel is preferred
- An entrepreneurial spirit for driving sales and forming lasting relationships with customers
- The ability to support sales through visual displays and styling
- Able to continually come up with fresh and creative ideas to keep the showroom looking great
- A willingness to learn and grow with our company
- Social media knowledge is a plus. Photoshop skills are preferred but not required
- Working with customers on the showroom floor selling furniture and accessories
- Working in the showroom to maintain a clean, stocked and organized floor
- Styling the floor and creating visual displays and vignettes to drive sales
- Assisting with the buying process of new products for the floor
- Receiving and pricing merchandise
- Assisting our designers on projects when needed (installs, accessory packing, photoshoots, tear sheets, etc.)
- Administrative work (filing, updating catalogs, stocking supplies, keeping the office organized)
- Answering phones and scheduling consultations
- Responding to client emails and inquiries
- Taking deliveries
- Running errands when needed
Hours: Monday through Friday 9:30am to 5:30pm. Must be flexible to work additional hours when needed.
Salary: dependent on experience
To Apply: please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: JOB APPLICATION. Please include any relevant work in your email- a link to your portfolio, website or blog, instagram, pinterest, etc. We are looking to hire someone immediately!
At this time we are not hiring for any other positions. We are always accepting applications and we will keep them on file for consideration when we are ready to hire.