JUNIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER (RESIDENTIAL) - Blackband Design, Orange County
Blackband Design is a full-service, internationally awarded interior design firm. For nearly 20 years, Blackband Design has brought a fresh, sophisticated, and unpretentious style to homes across the United States while offering a personalized approach to every client. Our team of talented and down-to-earth designers executes creativity across all architectural styles, works collaboratively in our Costa Mesa design studio and finds fun in the fast-paced environment.
We are looking for someone with bold, brilliant ideas, who is passionate about design, a self-starter with initiative, a problem solver and is detail oriented.
“MUST HAVES” EXPERIENCE + SKILLS:
- 2 to 4 years interior design experience.
- Interior design school certification.
- AutoCAD and space planning experience.
- Photoshop and PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of the design process.
- New build and renovation experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction documents and architectural drawings.
- Review and edit shop drawings and construction documents.
- Able to make FF&E suggestions.
- Window treatment experience is helpful.
- Allied member of ASID preferred.
- Working in the design studio.
- Assisting designers and design projects.
- Developing proposals and budgets.
- Assisting with presentations.
- Working directly with clients.
- Material specification.
- Working on projects from beginning to end.
- Selecting furniture, fabric, and lighting.
- Working with suppliers and fabric reps.
- Creating product tear sheets.
- Working on in-home installations.
- Running errands.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Availability: Immediate availability preferred.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday 9:00 to 5:30.
To Apply : Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Junior Interior Designer Application” Please include any relevant work in your email – a link to your portfolio, website or blog, Instagram, Pinterest, or anything that makes you stand out.
Job Type: Full-time