INTERIOR DESIGN ASSISTANT (RESIDENTIAL) – Blackband Design, Orange County
Blackband Design is a premier residential interior design firm. We have a cool design studio and showroom in Costa Mesa, CA. We are down-to-earth and have an amazing team of talented employees working together. It’s a fast paced environment and we’re looking for someone to grow with us. We are looking for someone who is creative, honest, hardworking and who is looking to build a successful career in interior design.
- 2 to 4 years design experience.
- Must have design school certification.
- Must be able to space plan. AutoCAD experience is a must.
- Merchandising and accessorizing experience preferred.
- Remodel and renovation experience preferred.
- Able to make FF&E suggestions.
- Retail experience and window treatment experience is helpful.
- Allied member of ASID preferred.
- Working in the design studio.
- Assisting designers and design projects.
- Develop proposals and budgets, and assist with presentations.
- Work on projects from beginning to end.
- Able to make furniture and fabric selections.
- Work with suppliers and fabric reps.
- Tear sheets.
- Working directly with clients.
- Working on in-home installations.
- Merchandising and keeping the showroom looking great.
- Receiving and tagging merchandise.
- Organizing fabrics.
- Administrative work and answering phones.
- Running errands.
- Social networking skills a plus.
Salary : Dependent on experience.
Availability : Immediate availability preferred.
Hours : 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday 9:30 to 5:30.
To Apply : Please send your resume and cover letter with the subject “Interior Design Assistant Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to include any relevant work in your email, a link to your portfolio, website or blog, Instagram, Pinterest, or anything that makes you stand out.
Job Type : Full-time